This mod was created by HJ (from mod-rdr.com) and I uploaded it with his permission.
The mod can be enabled/disabled by pressing the F9 key.
What does this mod do? (v1.0 -> for later changes, see changelog)
- human NPCs get more health - now you cant kill them with a few shots, the only proper way to take an enemy out quickly is a headshot
- human NPCs burn longer - no more super-fire which kills humans within a few seconds
- human NPCs can survive fire - there is a certain chance that NPCs survive being burned (but they wont be able to fight afterwards)
- human NPCs now feel if they have been shot in the legs - if you shoot NPCs legs they will now stumble or even fall when running or sprinting (based on a certain chance)
- human NPCs take less damage from you - from now on you have to be more tactical (use the environment, set things ablaze or cripple your enemies to win a fight against multiple opponents - or be a good shot and take them out with headshots)
- human NPCs take longer to bleed out (and thus can travel longer distances when wounded) - be sure to leave no one alive when raiding camps, or the wounded ones might now be able to stumble into the next town creating eye witnesses
- human NPCs have a chance to stay on the ground for a random amount of time when wounded (based on their health) - so you can know knock the breath out of your opponents
- human NPCs wont die instantly - there is a certain health threshold that if reached (= if an NPC has suffered enough damage), the NPC wont be able to get back up
- DISCLAIMER: dynamite damage has not been altered much, since the effects would make the game very unrealistic
- DISCLAIMER: melee damage has not been altered, since fistfights will otherwise turn into an odyssey
- DISCLAIMER: animal damage has not been altered, since this would dismantle the hunting mechanics of the game (it would be extremely hard to get pristine pelts)
All credits go to HJ - heres the "modpage" (source code published there also): https://www.mod-rdr.com/forums/topic/189-ped-damage-overhaul/